Sunday 4 December 2011

Reinvention

After spending the last 17 years either working for myself or doing odd casual jobs that came my way, I decided that since my “baby” was now in school two days a week I would get a resume together and start seeing what was out there. Well that sounded easier than it is. To start me off, my talented and very experienced sister sent me her resume to edit. Not the best idea! Editing her skills and talents with mine was quite, if I tried to keep it honest, confronting to say the least:
Developed the skills and competencies of all team members
·     Development and ongoing monitoring of business plans, budgets and resource plans
·     Built a highly collaborative and customer focused team which consistently met the needs of stakeholders

Is just a small sample of hers which became, when edited into mine:
>Excellent multi-tasker - evident by the fact that I can breastfeed and prepare a meal, while yelling at the kids all at the same time.
>Can effectively and efficiently investigate under trying conditions – that is I’m great at breaking up poos floating in the toilet with kebab sticks.
(I was looking for a marble – but that’s a whole other story for another day).
>Consistently find creative ways to keep my team interested. I.e. make great play dough and bring out the paint a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment